The M7 Turbo Heat shield is a must have to prevent hood paint discolouration, scoop warping and underhood heat damage caused by excessive turbocharger heat. And it adds a great underhood finished look to your MINI.
We have redesigned and reshaped the thick gauge aluminium housing to eliminate the hood rubbing problems experienced in the past.
A new thinner high performance insulating material is applied to the underside of the shield to add a proven layer of heat insulation between the turbocharger and the heat shield housing. This new insulating material has been proven on the race track and on the street. It has high heat insulation qualities yet is very thin and affordable. KOOLMAT IS PROVEN AND IT WORKS!
- The M7 Turbo Heat Shield does not completely encase the turbocharger as some have assumed (the turbocharger hot section is actually fully wrapped in its own, factory installed heat shield). The OEM heat shield is ineffective at preventing long term hood paint and hood scoop damage.
- The M7 Turbo Heat Shield is a secondary line of defense acting as an addition to the factory heat shield.
- The M7 Turbo Heat Shield is open on three sides allowing heat to escape down and away from the turbo. Heat rejection is enhanced by the air flow through the radiator. The majority of radiant heat that wants to rise will be reflected down and away from the hood by the M7 insulating turbo heat shield.
- The thermal insulator material reduces the heat transfer up to the underside of the hood making it a perfect way to keep turbo heat from reaching the rest of the engine bay and your hood and hood scoop.
- The M7 heat shield is a very simple installation using two easily accessible factory holes. Installation of the M7 Turbo Heat Shield DOES NOT require you to remove the bolts to the engine's cam cover.
- The addition of the M7 Turbo Heat shield adds a finished look to your engine compartment for that added WOW! effect when you show of your MINI to friends or at a local car show.
- Manufactured from 0.09" thick heavy gauge aluminium material. Laser cut & CNC formed.
- Lined with high temperature ceramic fabric.
- Handsome laser cut M7 badge attached adding a 3rd dimension and appealing looks.
- Includes all necessary mounting hardware.
- Easy 15 minute installation using simple hand tools.
Not recommended to be used with any modified K03 or K04 or Frankinturbo equipped cars.
- N14 - 56-3M7111
- N18 - 56-330115